MICHAEL JACKSON topped the charts in five countries around the world on February 16, 1991, but his name does not appear on the song’s credits. And he was not officially allowed to participate in it.
In the early 1990s, Michael Jackson was at the height of his fame. He’s living off his record of success, Bad, which was released just a few years earlier in 1987. He’s also set to release his next album, Dangerous. Meanwhile, The Simpsons has become one of the biggest shows on TV, and Jackson himself is a huge fan.
Eventually, Jackson contacted the show’s creator, Matt Groening, and asked to be on Fox’s show.
Jackson in particular was a huge fan of Bart Simpson. So when he called Groning, he offered to write Bart a number one single. As if that wasn’t generous enough, the King of Pop also offered to guest on the show. And the star did exactly that.
Jackson wrote and produced the song Do The Bartman, which was released on 20 November 1990. Four months later, on 16 February 1991, Do The Bartman reached number one in Australia, Ireland, and New Zealand. , Norway and the United Kingdom.
The song also reached the top 10 in Belgium, Denmark, Finland, the Netherlands, Spain and Sweden. Despite numerous radio plays in the US, it was never officially released as a single.
But Jackson’s name was not seen on it.
Jackson was reportedly not authorized to write songs for anyone else at the time because he was signed to Epic Records. This means he may not have received any royalties or credits for the song at the time.
Since then, Groening has revealed the truth.
He said in 1998, “it’s always [surprised] to me that nobody found out that Michael Jackson wrote that song… He’s a huge fan of the show.”
This number one success means The Simpsons becomes the first animated series to hit number one since Archie Comics’ Sugar Sugar in 1969.
However, Do The Bartman wasn’t the only song Jackson wrote for the show.
See more products Simpsons Rug
- Bart Simpson 80s Retro Neon Style Rug Living Room
- Bart Simpson Cool Boy Neon Light Rug For Bedroom
- Bart Simpson Supreme Louis Vuitton Rug For Living Room
- Character Simpsons Rug For Bedroom Aesthetic
- D OH The Simpsons Rug Home Decor
Jackson also wrote the song “Happy Birthday Lisa” in episode three of Stark Raving Dad. The episode also stars Jackson as Leon Komposwky, a psychiatric hospital patient who identifies himself as Michael Jackson in disguise. But the overweight, white character left the rest of the cast confused about his claims, despite the fact he could perfectly sing and dance to Billie Jean.
In the episode, Jackson voiced Leon who ran into Lisa Simpson on her birthday. However, the episode doesn’t have a happy ending for the real-life Jackson.
>> Store: Gihutrend
Bài viết liên quan
- Guy Lafleur, who led the Montreal Canadiens to five NHL titles, dies aged 70
- New York Yankees trade Luke Voit to San Diego Padres for pitching prospect
- 5 reasons to buy a Harley-Davidson
- TOP 4 best Kobe Bryant Sneaker in 2022
- Off-White honors Virgil Abloh’s great legacy in the Fall/Winter 2022 collection
- TOP 7 Dragon Ball in Dragon Ball
- Soon Among Us will be adapted into a manga
- What is the difference between Sasquatch and Bigfoot?
- TOP 5 best Easter movies to watch this spring
- Smash bros 64 mod remix sonic playable character